WSMT assists clients with a full spectrum of employment disputes. Our attorneys have experience negotiating and drafting employment contracts; counseling clients on employee benefits and state, federal, and international employment laws; drafting employee manuals and guidelines; advising clients on disciplinary matters, termination matters, and benefits issues; and providing litigation support for clients in employment disputes.
In the past, we have provided clients with services to mediate, negotiate, and resolve discrimination and other employment disputes and we have successfully represented both individuals and corporations in litigation related to age, sex, disability, and racial discrimination claims.
- Drafting and reviewing various types of employment agreements, including non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Advising employers on avoidance of wrongful discharge and discrimination claims and negotiating termination agreements.
- Drafting independent contractor agreements and ensuring proper classification of contractors.
- Analyzing overtime exemption issues and proper wage payments under federal and state law.
- Drafting employment handbooks for both private and public companies.