John F. Meck
John F. Meck has 40 years of experience in private practice and as corporate counsel with emphasis in mining and oil and gas law, domestic and international business transactions, and finance. He has served as counsel for multinational mining and resource companies with operations throughout North America and in Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, French Guiana, the United Kingdom, Mongolia, Kazakhstan and Russia.
Mr. Meck specializes in negotiating, structuring and implementing natural resource projects for the exploration and development of mineral properties, through direct investment, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, as well as in connection with the acquisition and sale of natural resource assets. He has also served as general counsel and corporate secretary for publicly-held companies with stock traded on principal United States and Canadian Stock Exchanges.
Mr. Meck has extensive experience in corporate matters, implementing complex reorganization/merger agreements, and structuring entities to meet the commercial objectives of clients.
- Acquisitions and divestitures of natural resource properties
- Counsel to various companies in connection with private equity financings
- Joint ventures, including international oil and gas and mining
- Reverse merger of privately-held oil and gas company into a reporting public company shell
- Representation of start-up and established companies for corporate matters
- Mineral exploration projects in Canada, Chile, Argentina, French Guiana, Mongolia and Peru
- Various other acquisitions, mergers and reorganizations in the energy and other industries
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS & ACCOLADES
- Designated as Colorado Super Lawyer by 5280 Magazine
- International Who’s Who of Mining Lawyers (2002-present)
- Author, "Uranium Exploration and Development – United States," Rocky Mt Min. L. Spec. Inst. on International Mining and Oil & Gas Law, Development and Investment (2009) (presented at a joint Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation and International Bar Association conference in Buenos Aires, Argentina in April 2009)
Mr. Meck grew up in Hanover, New Hampshire, attended Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts and settled in Denver in 1972. He is an avid skier and Colorado Avalanche fan.
- Corporate Law
- Mining Law
- Oil and Gas
- Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Public Companies and Securities
- J.D., Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, 1971
- B.A., Dartmouth College, 1967
BAR ADMISSIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Colorado, 1971
- California, 1972
Professional & Community Activities
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (Member, Long Range Planning Committee)
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- American Society of Corporate Secretaries