Darcy E. L. Levy
Darcy E. L. Levy focuses her practice on representing companies in domestic and international business transactions and advising companies with regard to corporate matters and federal and state securities laws. She has experience with senior debt financing transactions, with an emphasis on secured and asset-backed lending. Prior to joining Welborn Sullivan Meck & Tooley, P.C., Ms. Levy worked as a corporate associate in the Boston office of Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP for three years.
- Reverse merger of privately-held oil and gas company into a reporting public company shell
- $144 million registered public offering of common stock by energy industry corporation
- Divestiture of midstream assets in Colorado for in excess of $500 million
- Representation of start-up and established companies as well as entity end-of-life and wind-up phase
- Preparation of private placement memoranda for companies in various industries
- Represented HRM Resources/Winter Ridge Energy in negotiating the sale of over $100 million in oil and gas assets in Colorado and Wyoming
- Represented the sellers in the negotiation of a purchase and sale agreement, joint venture agreement and a joint operating agreement in the sale of 80% of their interests in a producing field in South Texas to a Canadian energy trust for $118 million
- Represented three of the largest commercial banks in the United States in senior debt financing transactions
- Represented Unitil Corporation, a public utility holding company, in its $54 million and $45.4 million underwritten public offerings of common stock
- Represented Blackboard Inc., a provider of enterprise software applications and related services, in the following transactions:
- $67.3 million public offering of common stock by selling stockholders
- $199 million acquisition of The NTI Group, Inc.
- $36 million acquisition of Saf-T-Net, Inc.
- Represented Candela Corporation, a developer of laser and light-based medical devices, in several acquisitions of private medical device companies
- Pro bono work includes asylum and immigration work focusing on political asylum and Violence Against Women Act cases and representing several non-profit corporations with corporate governance and ongoing corporate needs, including drafting and negotiating contracts
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS & ACCOLADES
Elected to Service as an At-Large Council Member on the 2012-2013 CBA Natural Resources Energy Law Section Executive Council
Participant in the Denver Petroleum Club 2012-2013 Mentorship Program
Co-Author, "Lessee and Transferee Qualifications," Law of Federal Oil & Gas Leases (2005)(update)
Ms. Levy was born in Honolulu, Hawaii and was raised in Palmer Lake, Colorado. After living on the East Coast for 13 years, she returned to Colorado in the fall of 2010. Outside of work, Ms. Levy enjoys running, competing in triathlons, skiing, and cooking.
- Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Public Companies and Securities
- Corporate Law
- Oil and Gas
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 2007
- B.A., Yale University, with distinction, 2002
BAR ADMISSIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
Professional & Community Activities
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Denver Petroleum Club